Every two years the world’s leading trails come together to shape the future of trails. To learn, to share and to network.
Join the world’s trails in September at a conference not to be missed, in the trekking trail capital of the world – Nepal.
Coronavirus Update – as of 18 March 2020, the conference is still going ahead.
We continue to plan to ensure everything is in place to welcome you in September. If you are concerned about flight bookings, we suggest waiting until May 2020 to make your bookings. In the meantime secure your hotel accommodation by making a reservation. Only pay for accommodation once you have booked your flight.
We will post updates if anything changes.
Official Conference Host
Conference Organizer and Convener
Key reasons to attend
1. Network and build global partnerships, learn from experts and share your knowledge and trail expertise.
2. Trail experts, professionals and champions from around the globe will share experience, innovation and best practices regarding trails.
3. The conference addresses the key eight focal points of the World Trails Network: culture, nature, sustainability, media, tourism, towns, events and education and research.
4. Help shape the international trails industry to become more sustainable and recognized for its contributions to society, tourism and rural economies.
Convince yourself and your boss!
1. Participating will allow me to acquire new views, concepts and ideas to apply to my trail work. In addition, it will allow me to showcase the work of our organization.
2. The conference is the only event where trails from over 40 countries gather to learn, share and inspire each other on an international level.
3. Upon my return, I will share new ideas and important takeaways with our organization / team to help grow our trail success.
4. Showcase our latest trail work, gain visibility and engage with influential and passionate delegates who are attending.
Join a pre-conference trail journey. Discover Nepal’s iconic trails and network with other trail professionals. Costs vary depending on trek duration.
20 – 31 Aug 2020 – Evertest Gokyo: $1,575
27 – 31 Aug 2020 – Annapurna: $790 (or $415)
24 – 31 Aug 2020 – Langtang Valley: $750
These workshops are specifically convened for Nepali trail professionals and trekking guides. These workshops share valuable trail maintenance ideas, simple building and repair techniques.
30 – 31 Aug 2020 – Pokhara: Free
Learn about the Green Flag Trails auditing system that is being used to enhance the quality of trails in Nepal and other countries. This is a one-day trail auditing workshop focused on an accessible trail.
1 Sept 2020 – Pokhara: $85
The main conference proceedings begin on 2 September 2020 with multiple sessions and 8 focus areas addressing trails and culture, sustainability, nature, tourism, media and towns and knowledge resources.
2 – 5 Sept 2020 – Pokhara
The World Trails Film Festival – Trails.Film is the only festival of its kind focused on telling unique trail stories, from history to adventure, from slow travel to inspirational trail journeys. Submit your films for entry.
5 Sept 2020 – Pokhara
Various local trails and adventures are offered post the conference around Pokhara.
Choose from a boat paddle to visiting the Peace Pagoda, to paragliding and shopping for gifts and curios. There are endless activities and opportunities to explore Nepal’s adventure capital.
Conference Themes & Schedule
If you work with trails or are a trail champion, then this global conference is the platform
where you can stay up to date with what is happening in trails around the world.
When you register you can choose to participate in various ways in the conference.
Give a presentation, exhibit a poster, submit a film to the Trails.Film World Trails Film Festival, volunteer or
consider becoming a member of the World Trails Network and receive conference benefits.
For discounted hotel with the KGH Group in Kathmandu take a look here.
Travel Planning Assistance
special discounted VNY 2020 airfare which can be coordinated by us with the airlines for your clients. Please email Roshani.
Getting to Pokhara
You are likely to arrive in Kathmandu via an international flight and will then need to find a way to Pokhara:
Option 1: Short flight – 30min. Expect this to cost between $50 – $100.
Option 2: Bus – a strenuous 6-8 hours for a journey of only 200km, expected costs are $5 – $25. Busses leave from Thamel daily at 7:30am
For alternative accommodation nearby that fits your budget or preferences, find hotels and backpackers at Booking.com
Local Outdoor Activities
Pokhara is the adventure capital of Nepal with endless options for exploring, take a look at this list of ideas: Things to do in Pokhara